Cardinals Fans Preview Super Bowl App Raptors Offer Peek At New Logo, Brand Identity College Football Bowl Season Kicks Off Rays' Ballpark Talks May Be Back On Track L.A. Relocation Off The Table For NFL In '15 Dish Reaches Deal With Comcast SportsNet Weekend Hot Reads '14-15 Bowl Season Set To Begin Daktronics To Provide Petco Park Displays
The Daily's Hot Reads For Friday: Power And Problems In The NFL
Published January 11, 2013
The BOSTON HERALD's Ron Borges writes recent events involving Redskins QB Robert Griffin III and the late Junior Seau "reaffirmed the depth and intransigence of the tragically growing problem of long-term brain damage of the NFL's most high-profile employees" (BOSTON HERALD). The WASHINGTON TIMES' Deron Snyder writes under the header, "RG3, Junior Seau Evidence Of NFL's Negligent Culture" (WASHINGTON TIMES).
ESPNDALLAS.com's Tim McMahon writes, "The fact that Jerry Jones won't even consider stepping down as general manager makes him the NFL's biggest hypocrite. … Time for some drastic changes! Almost everything is on the table! Well, except for the one constant from the Cowboys' 128-128 stretch" (ESPNDALLAS.com).
- Why the Reds need to utilize regional promotion more than ever.
- Are Patriots home games a boon or bust for area businesses?
- Writer describes NBA Kings-Sacramento relationship as "poisonous."
- College athletes learn the hard way about impact of social media.
- Ducks, NHL Kings broadcasters eager to get back to work.
- Greg Gumbel sits for Q&A before calling NFL playoff game.
- Jay Mohr uses standup experience to thrive in sports radio gig.
- Grantland's David Cho, Eric Johnson discuss site's growth.