Philips Arena Renovation Could Start Soon "TMNT" Returning As Chicagoland Race Sponsor Goodell: NFL "Studying" Marijuana Use Joshua-Klitschko To Draw Record Crowd NFL Draft Overnight Best Since '14 Sources: Pacers' Bird Stepping Down Raiders Hosting Draft Party In Las Vegas SBJ In-Depth: Facilities - Concessions Jack Link's Gets Creative With Draft Exposure Sharapova's Return Injects Needed Star Power
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
The Daily's Hot Reads For Tuesday: Playoff Pictures
Published January 8, 2013
The WASHINGTON POST's Neil Irwin writes, "For much of the Daniel Snyder era, the Redskins have premised their team building strategy around big, flashy free agent signings. … Given the economics of the NFL, the new collective bargaining agreement made draft picks dramatically more valuable. That makes the decision to trade so many of them away seem foolhardy" (WASHINGTON POST).
The S.F. BUSINESS TIMES' Eric Young writes, "Social media and mobile apps will become an even bigger component of teams' outreach to fans. … Each of the Bay Area's pro sports teams have social media mavens whose job is to increase the number of people who 'like' their club on Facebook or follow them on Twitter" (BIZJOURNALS.com).
- NHL lockout created bizarre scenes among hockey journalists.
- NHL's late trade deadline could spark lots of player deals.
- How former NFL players transition to business success.
- Minor-league hockey team makes historic move outdoors.
- AFL Rush's Julee White joins ranks of female sports owners.
- Triple-A Charlotte Knights GM discusses ballpark plans.
- A's Owner Lew Wolff sits for personal profile-oriented Q&A.