ESPN Moving Full Shows To Arizona NFL: Deflategate Inquiry Ongoing Rolex 24 Sees Increasing Impact SI Lays Off Remaining Photographers NFLPA Grievance Challenges Conduct Policy Winter X Draws Record Thursday Crowd Veteran ESPN Exec John Walsh Set To Retire Weekend Plans With Disney's Christen Harris OSU Celebration Meets NHL All-Star Brady, Belichick Deny Deflategate Involvement
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads for Thursday: Killer's Kiss
Published November 15, 2012
FORBES' Darren Heitner writes of Mars Inc.'s 20 years of NASCAR sponsorship: "It takes a lot of goodwill and success for a brand to stay connected to any one sport for such a vast amount of time." Internally-generated statistics show that the company "receives an impressive 4-to-1 return on investment from their sponsorship" (FORBES.com, 11/15).
In a special to POSTMEDIA NEWS under the header "The NHL Created This Monster Problem In 2004," Temple Univ. professor Aubrey Kent writes, "Consider that the real sadness of this situation is that the NHL has never been healthier as a business" (POSTMEDIA NEWS). Also, how a shortened NHL training camp would affect rosters, prospects (ESPN.com).
- Why Bud Selig shares blame for Marlins' controversial trade.
- Univ. of Oregon Knight Library an asset for whole community.
- Cowboys, Eagles need to learn GM should be standalone position.
- Baja 1000 making effort to remain wild and dangerous race.
- Tracing UFC fighter Georges St-Pierre's long road to recovery.
- Why Lakers passing on Phil Jackson actually makes sense.
- MLB Giants President & CEO Larry Baer pens letter thanking fans.
- Joe Torre on guarding player health at World Baseball Classic.