USA Swimming Exec Dir Chuck Wielgus Dies Orlando Pride Do Not Sell Out Marta's Debut S.F. Sports Legends Given Street Names Near Candlestick Cubs Fans Buy Up Replica World Series Rings Target Field Named First Gold LEED Certification In U.S. Tim Howard Issues Apology Following Fan Altercation A's To Reveal New Ballpark Site In '17 Bettman Insists NHL Will Not Go To PyeongChang ESPN Events Purchases Miami Beach Bowl Triple-A Isotopes Trying One-Day Rebrand
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
The Daily's Hot Reads for Thursday: Killer's Kiss
Published November 15, 2012
FORBES' Darren Heitner writes of Mars Inc.'s 20 years of NASCAR sponsorship: "It takes a lot of goodwill and success for a brand to stay connected to any one sport for such a vast amount of time." Internally-generated statistics show that the company "receives an impressive 4-to-1 return on investment from their sponsorship" (FORBES.com, 11/15).
In a special to POSTMEDIA NEWS under the header "The NHL Created This Monster Problem In 2004," Temple Univ. professor Aubrey Kent writes, "Consider that the real sadness of this situation is that the NHL has never been healthier as a business" (POSTMEDIA NEWS). Also, how a shortened NHL training camp would affect rosters, prospects (ESPN.com).
- Why Bud Selig shares blame for Marlins' controversial trade.
- Univ. of Oregon Knight Library an asset for whole community.
- Cowboys, Eagles need to learn GM should be standalone position.
- Baja 1000 making effort to remain wild and dangerous race.
- Tracing UFC fighter Georges St-Pierre's long road to recovery.
- Why Lakers passing on Phil Jackson actually makes sense.
- MLB Giants President & CEO Larry Baer pens letter thanking fans.
- Joe Torre on guarding player health at World Baseball Classic.