Gisele To Endorse Under Armour IMG Names Brodkin President of Business Affairs Water Brand Names Football Endorsers Nicktoons Adds Sports Content Block Eagles Debut Ad Campaign Braves Plan Ground-Breaking Ceremony NFL Suspends, Fines Jim Irsay Overnight Ratings: PGA Tour, U.S. Open Rave Reviews For McLane Stadium T'Wolves Set Sales Record In Wake Of Love Trade
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Wednesday: New Life For The Old Guard
Published October 10, 2012
espnW's Kate Fagan writes, "The sports world itself … is beginning to recognize the damage caused by its own repressive climate, and a growing number of straight athletes now see gay rights as an equal-rights issue. … We're still missing the most important piece: a gay male athlete in a major team sport coming out" (espnW).
The SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE's Matt Calkins writes the "greatest Lakers executive ever" is "not Jerry West." Calkins: "What Mitch Kupchak has done during his Tinseltown tenure surpasses that of his Hall of Fame predecessor. If West was Mark Spitz, Kupchak has somehow Michael Phelps'd him" (SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE).
- Is Bill Parcells' influence still plaguing Scott Pioli, Jeff Ireland?
- Effort to resurrect USFL continues despite daunting obstacles.
- Stephen Strasburg sees a future for competitive video games.
- Massachusetts gaming act builds momentum for horse racing.
- Reds hold special place in civic culture of Cincinnati area.
- Bright-colored cleats the current trend throughout soccer world.
- Feud with reporter nothing new for South Carolina's Steve Spurrier.