Robertsons In Talks To Extend Race Deal Indy Eleven Unveil Stadium Renderings NASCAR HOF Revenue Projections Fall MLB, Nationals Claim MASN Overreaching Sources: NFL To Review Lynch's Hat Tony Stewart Buys Sprint Car Series Minding My Business: Danny Heinsohn Wisconsin Gov. Proposes Bucks Arena Funding Will Deflategate Impact Kraft-Goodell Relationship? NBC To Focus On Super Bowl, Not Deflategate
Upcoming Conferences and Events
The Daily's Hot Reads For Monday: Playing Host
Published October 8, 2012
The EDMONTON SUN's Graham Hicks writes of Oilers Owner Daryl Katz' financial demands for a new arena: "The lack of full financial disclosure from the Katz Group is frustrating. … Still, we need to get this deal done, and Daryl Katz has no intention of signing any contract that could lead to the team's bankruptcy" (EDMONTON SUN).
The GLOBE & MAIL's David Shoalts writes, "Both sides in the NHL lockout should think 1994 not 2004 when it comes to the damage this senseless business shutdown causes. … Looking back, it seems like it happened in the blink of an eye but it was 10 years of self-inflicted damage that led to the lost season" (GLOBE & MAIL).
- Will Phiten performance necklaces help decide MLB playoffs?
- F1 race will bring money to Austin, but also traffic headaches.
- W. Graeme Roustan taking big risk with Markham arena effort.
- Concussion issue brings focus on how to protect youth athletes.
- Angels Chair Dennis Kuhl heads into offseason as face of ownership.
- Milo Hamilton reacts to Astros letting Brett Dolan, Dave Raymond go.