USA Swimming Exec Dir Chuck Wielgus Dies Orlando Pride Do Not Sell Out Marta's Debut S.F. Sports Legends Given Street Names Near Candlestick Cubs Fans Buy Up Replica World Series Rings Target Field Named First Gold LEED Certification In U.S. Tim Howard Issues Apology Following Fan Altercation A's To Reveal New Ballpark Site In '17 Bettman Insists NHL Will Not Go To PyeongChang ESPN Events Purchases Miami Beach Bowl Triple-A Isotopes Trying One-Day Rebrand
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
The Daily's Hot Reads For Monday: Playing Host
Published October 8, 2012
The EDMONTON SUN's Graham Hicks writes of Oilers Owner Daryl Katz' financial demands for a new arena: "The lack of full financial disclosure from the Katz Group is frustrating. … Still, we need to get this deal done, and Daryl Katz has no intention of signing any contract that could lead to the team's bankruptcy" (EDMONTON SUN).
The GLOBE & MAIL's David Shoalts writes, "Both sides in the NHL lockout should think 1994 not 2004 when it comes to the damage this senseless business shutdown causes. … Looking back, it seems like it happened in the blink of an eye but it was 10 years of self-inflicted damage that led to the lost season" (GLOBE & MAIL).
- Will Phiten performance necklaces help decide MLB playoffs?
- F1 race will bring money to Austin, but also traffic headaches.
- W. Graeme Roustan taking big risk with Markham arena effort.
- Concussion issue brings focus on how to protect youth athletes.
- Angels Chair Dennis Kuhl heads into offseason as face of ownership.
- Milo Hamilton reacts to Astros letting Brett Dolan, Dave Raymond go.