About The Author

Christopher Botta

Christopher Botta covers hockey and soccer for SportsBusiness Journal/Daily.

Featured Story

‘We’ve made a lot of progress in one year’

Published in SportsBusiness Journal on 08 / 11 / 14

Anthony LeBlanc, George Gosbee and the seven other owners of Arizona’s NHL team now have one full season under their belts, but this summer has been their first full offseason to market the team. That process has notably included the rebran...

Read More

Tags: Franchises

More Stories by this Author

05/11/14
SportsBusiness Daily: MLS Poised To Announce New Media-Rights Deals

MLS has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow in Manhattan, where it is expected to announce new media-rights deals. ESPN, Fox Sports and Univision are expected to share the package as part of a multiyear deal. Four months ago, press reports described ESPN and Fox as being in advanced negotiati ...

05/05/14
SportsBusiness Journal: EPL’s final day will fill 10 nets

Viewers of Syfy, Oxygen, E! and Bravo: Are you ready for some English Premier League soccer action? On Sunday, the final day of the EPL season, all 10 of the league’s scheduled games for that day will be presented live beginning at 10 a.m. ET by NBC Sports Group across 10 NBCUniversal netwo ...

Tags: Media

05/02/14
On The Ground: The NHL Shift: News and notes, 5/02/2014

Bracket Challenge Results More than 500,000 brackets were submitted in the NHL’s Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge powered by Can-Am Spyder, and after the first round of the playoffs, 10 entrants are tied for first place. Those 10 entries each correctly picked the winner of all eig ...

Tags: On The Ground

04/28/14
SportsBusiness Journal: Playoff playlist: NHL’s postseason songs

At the top of the telecast for Game 3 of the first-round playoff series between Pittsburgh and Columbus last week, NBC Sports Network pumped up the drama with a 15-second medley of goals, saves and hits — all to the tune of a new song by Phillip Phillips called “Raging Fire.” ...

Tags: Leagues and Governing Bodies

04/25/14
On The Ground: The NHL Shift: News and notes

Financial document outlines Isles’ offer The New York Islanders this week released an offering memorandum for majority ownership to potential bidders for the team, according to a source in the finance industry. In the memo, Islanders owner Charles Wang offers 75 percent ownership of ...

Tags: On the Ground

04/25/14
SportsBusiness Daily: Source: Isles' Wang Offering 75% Ownership

The Islanders this week released an offering memorandum for majority ownership to potential bidders for the team, according to a source in the finance industry. In the memo, Islanders Owner Charles Wang offers 75% ownership of the club, with a five-year option on the other 25%. The memo also states ...

Tags: Franchises, New York Islanders

04/18/14
SportsBusiness Daily: Sources: Islanders Draw New Suitors

Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders Owner Charles Wang has received interest in his team from at least two other potential buyers. "The Islanders are a year away from movi ...

Tags: Franchises, New York Islanders, NHL

04/18/14
On The Ground: The NHL Shift: News and notes

Sources: Islanders draw new suitors as Barroway continues efforts Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the New York Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders owner Charles Wang has received interest in his te ...

Tags: On the Ground

04/14/14
SportsBusiness Journal: Penguins again rock local TV ratings

For the fifth consecutive time, the Pittsburgh Penguins led the way among NHL clubs for local-market TV ratings for the league’s regular season. The ranking is based on an analysis of ratings information for clubs that make their Nielsen data available. The NHL’s regular sea ...

Tags: Media

04/14/14
SportsBusiness Journal: TD Garden ties LinkedIn into B2B

TD Garden this week is debuting a business-to-business program that features the integration of LinkedIn for business leaders and other fans in the arena’s premium-seating areas. The program was slated to be announced last Thursday, timed for this week’s start of the Stanley Cup playo ...

Tags: Facilities

Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug