Game Changers Overview
To continue to recognize women who are having a major impact on sports business, SportsBusiness Journal will publish our third annual Game Changers/Women in Sports Business special feature on September 9th. Then on the afternoon of September 10th, we will be holding our inaugural 2013 Game Changers Conference at the New York Marriott Marquis.
The Game Changers Conference is a one-day event which will focus on the multiple ways in which women intersect with sports. Built into the program are ample networking opportunities, including a networking reception at the conclusion of the event where the current year’s honorees will be recognized.
Discussion topics will include:
- How corporate America targets and interacts with women using sports as a platform
- How teams, leagues and other sports properties target women as sports fans and purchasers of tickets and licensed merchandise
- Women’s sports leagues and properties – professional, collegiate and Olympic sports – with a review of viewership, participation, trends and other metrics
- Media coverage of women’s sports
2013 Honorees were announced in the September 9, 2013 issue of SportsBusiness Journal.
If you have questions or suggestions on our 2014 Game Changers honorees, please contact Mark Mensheha, Assistant Managing Editor at 704-973-1427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can view the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Honorees HERE.
Conference App Now Available!
Game Changers app is now live!
Our mobile app for Game Changers is ready to download on your iPhone, iPad, or Android!
There are three easy ways to download:
1. Visit the Event App URL: https://crowd.cc/s/QJ6
2. Search 'game changers' in the iTunes or Play Store
3. Scan the Event App QR Code
Once installed, you’ll have instant access to features like:
- The full event schedule
- Contact info of other attendees*
- Social sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Detailed info about speakers and sponsors
- Notifications of important conference updates and more!*
Global Strategy and Marketing Officer
Bank of America
Chairman & CEO
Big East Conference
Chairman & CEO
USA Today Sports
Vice President of Marketing
Chair, DeVos Sports Business Management Program & Director, Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport
University of Central Florida
Vice President, Global Media, Sponsorship & Experiential Marketing
Luker on Trends and ESPN Sports Poll
Atlantic 10 Conference
Roopstigo Sports Network
Senior Director, Coors Family of Brands, Molson & Foster’s
Director, Sponsorships and Events
- ManU Set To Announce $1B Nike Deal
- Carson Yeung Hit With 6-Year Sentence
- Beckham To Promote Jaguar In China
- F1 Prepares For Season Of Uncertainty
- RTM Gets World Cup Broadcast Rights
- Low Attendance Numbers For NRL Openers
- Green: Worth Double What Rangers Paid
- Putin: Russian Grand Prix 'On Track'
- Commentators Resign From BeIN Sports
- Hoeneß Tax Evasion Trial Starts Monday
Upcoming Conferences and Events